There is more to life than work...
There is something very charming and familiar about Chatham; very historic, yet very now; very suburban, yet very metropolitan; simply an amazing place to live, work, play and raise a family.
Chatham County, the 5th oldest county in the State of Georgia (and the largest county outside of the Atlanta metropolitan area), is an idyllic riverfront community containing the beautiful and international city of Savannah and the 3 crystal clear miles of uninterrupted public beach at Tybee Island.
In Chatham County, we take great pride in partnering with our citizens and collaborating with a diverse array of businesses, universities and other government entities.
Chatham County is home to:
- RESPECTED post-secondary educational institutions such as Armstrong State, Savannah State, and South Universities, the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) and Savannah Technical College
- RENOWNED medical health systems such as Memorial University Medical Center and St. Joseph’s/ Candler Health Center
- REVERED Army 3rd Infantry Division and affiliated military units of Hunter Army Airfield
- RAPIDLY growing Port of Savannah, the largest single container terminal in North America & 2nd busiest container exporter in the United States.
- REASONABLE cost of living that is below the national average and that of nearby cities including Atlanta, Charleston, Charlotte and Jacksonville.
- REST and relaxation for more than 13 million visitors annually
Why work to make a living, when you can serve to make a life?
Operating under the Commission-Manager form of local government, Chatham County has 1600 diverse, energetic and excited team members working in 34 departments providing professional services in the following areas:
- Administrative and Support Services
- Courts and Legal Operations
- Fleet Operations
- Information Technology
- Law Enforcement
- Public Relations
- Permitting and Inspections
- Public Works
With an excellent comprehensive benefits package, competitive salaries and opportunities for growth and development, Chatham County government is the employer of choice for professionals from across the country.